If you haven’t discovered turmeric, your missing out big time. Turmeric is utilized for beauty purposes but here is another fact: its used to spice up your food and its a wonderful cure for certain ailments (feel free to research on your own time)
But lets go back to why Turmeric is cool (a special shout out to a Sri Lankan princess who enlightened me of the wonderous beauty benefits):
1. It has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits
2. Reduces acne
3. Provides a natural glow (please see below for turmeric mask details)
4. Amazing skin toner (I can attest to this claim)
So how can you apply turmeric on your face?
You can start with a mask. I would recommend a teaspoon of turmeric powder, with a tablesspoon of plain or Greek yogurt & a teaspoon of honey. Mix the turmeric with honey and yogurt and voila – you get a yellow mask. The mask takes five minutes and it’s inexpensive — Hooray!
Before you begin your mask adventure, please reference key tips below:
1. Your face should be clear aka no makeup. If you feel the need to wash your face, I recommend St Ives Apricot Scrub.
2. After your face is cleared up, make sure your face is dry. It will make the process of applying the mask quicker.
3. The mask will leave a yellow taint on your face – but fear not because it doesn’t last. It’s part of the wonders of turmeric because you will shine like a diamond the next day (disclaimer: wait for a week or two for results). Remember – use the mask before you go to sleep.
4. Apply the mask to your face. I would advise you to keep it on for 30 minutes but 15 minutes is acceptable. I would use warm to cold water to rinse the mask.
Last but not least:
Turmeric is amazing and I hope you reap the benefits.
Please make sure to share any tips.